Monday, October 4, 2010

1905 Iowa Census - David W Emery

The last post for the 1830 US Census was the first that reflected my great great great grandfather, David W Emery.   I thought I had all of the census records for David, but I recently came across the 1905 Iowa Census (line 332 - 341) for the Emery's living in Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa.

The census lists David W Emery, wife Sarah (Dwire or Dwyer) and Clyde, Ben, Clark, Ella, Bert, Alice and Raymond.

I'm pretty sure Clyde, Ben, Clark and Bert are David and Sarah's children.   Ella is Clark's wife.   Raymond could be the 11th child that I've been missing from earlier census records and Alice possibly could be the third child born to David and Sarah, though she didn't show up on previous census records past 1870.   Unfortunately this census doesn't provide enough information - I need to do a little more research to see if I can verify the relationship of Raymond and Alice to my great great great grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment